- IST 605 Reference & Information Literacy Services
The use of information resources and service provision in libraries. Assumes an integrated approach, combining print and electronic resources and comprehensive services in a broad range of contexts.
- IST 613 Planning, Marketing, and Assessing Library Services
User-focused planning, marketing, and assessment activities that support core functions of libraries, such as collection development, systems, and public services.
- IST 662 Instructional Strategies and Techniques for Information Professionals
Introduction to information literacy models for application to instruction in information organizations. Focus on strategies and techniques for designing, presenting, and evaluation information technology training and training materials for real clients.
- IST 674 Academic Librarianship
Survey of academic librarianship, including a variety of public services and technical services domains within the academic library. Emphasizes the role of academic libraries in higher education and attainment of institutional mission.
- IST 717 Advanced Library Management
Management of academic, public, and special libraries. Relationship between library and its parent institution; internal organization and operation; library information policies; library financing; legislation affecting libraries.
- IST 600 Academic Libraries: Value, Impact, & ROI
Academic library value in the context of institutional or organizational mission. Emphasizes impact and return-on-investment perspectives. Students identify partner librarians and apply course concepts to a specific academic library environment in order to explore value in a real world setting.
North Carolina State University
- HON 296 Academic Research Strategies & Contexts
University of North Carolina
- INLS 40 Retrieving and Analyzing Information
Viewing information as a social cultural construct, this course covers the processes used in seeking information by evaluating the quality of the information retrieval and synthesizing it into a useful form.
ACRL Immersion Program
- Assessment Immersion Track: Assessment in Practice
For more information, see visit the Immersion website.